Velo 2015 Projects
by Gary Shaff on May, 26 2015
The Board is considering a range of advocacy projects for the 2015 riding season. They include:
- Free ride leader training- 3x per year
- Funds to buy treats for the “newcomers” rides
- Bike helmets for kids
- Free group ride training- 3x per year
- Motorist education- Visual depiction of space needed to safely pass a bicycle. Place ads on RVTD buses and in other locations.
- Provide bike racks for businesses that are frequent stopping places for Club Rides. Suggestions included: Downtown Coffee (Talent), Rainey’s Market (Sams Valley, Lake Creek Store (Lake Creek) and Wimer Store (Wimer).
Leave a Comment
Group Rides SuspendedView All Scheduled Rides
Saturday, Jan 23
Brisk (SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS)
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
50+ Miles, Brisk (>18 mph), Hilly
Contact: Dennis Cramer - 541-773-5804
Monday, Jan 25
Blogs & News
Something magical will finally happen this weekend: The Portland Bureau of Transportation will install the Flanders Crossing Bridge over I-4...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 01/19/21 | 1:44pm
Looking to boost Oregon tourism this coming summer season, Travel Oregon has launched a $250,000 grant program to encourage “visitor e...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 01/19/21 | 11:51am
Welcome to the week. Here are the most noteworthy items we came across in the past eight days. Sign of the times: One of many ripple effects...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 01/19/21 | 9:35am