Velo 2015 Projects
by Gary Shaff on May, 26 2015
The Board is considering a range of advocacy projects for the 2015 riding season. They include:
- Free ride leader training- 3x per year
- Funds to buy treats for the “newcomers” rides
- Bike helmets for kids
- Free group ride training- 3x per year
- Motorist education- Visual depiction of space needed to safely pass a bicycle. Place ads on RVTD buses and in other locations.
- Provide bike racks for businesses that are frequent stopping places for Club Rides. Suggestions included: Downtown Coffee (Talent), Rainey’s Market (Sams Valley, Lake Creek Store (Lake Creek) and Wimer Store (Wimer).
Leave a Comment
Group Rides SuspendedView All Scheduled Rides
Monday, Sep 28
Saturday, Oct 3
Brisk (SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS)
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
50+ Miles, Brisk (>18 mph), Hilly
Contact: Dennis Cramer - 541-773-5804
Blogs & News
The leader of the Portland Police Police Bureau’s Bike Theft Task Force (BTTF) says the unit has lost its only source of funding and w...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 09/25/20 | 12:11pm
While most transportation-related revenue sources have been hit hard by the pandemic, there’s one seeing record highs. In a meeting o...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 09/24/20 | 12:31pm
The City of Portland announced plans Tuesday afternoon to break ground October 3rd on one of their Central City in Motion projects that will...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 09/23/20 | 10:48am