Velo 2015 Projects
by Gary Shaff on May, 26 2015
The Board is considering a range of advocacy projects for the 2015 riding season. They include:
- Free ride leader training- 3x per year
- Funds to buy treats for the “newcomers” rides
- Bike helmets for kids
- Free group ride training- 3x per year
- Motorist education- Visual depiction of space needed to safely pass a bicycle. Place ads on RVTD buses and in other locations.
- Provide bike racks for businesses that are frequent stopping places for Club Rides. Suggestions included: Downtown Coffee (Talent), Rainey’s Market (Sams Valley, Lake Creek Store (Lake Creek) and Wimer Store (Wimer).
Leave a Comment
Group Rides SuspendedView All Scheduled Rides
Saturday, Apr 3
Brisk (SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS)
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
50+ Miles, Brisk (>18 mph), Hilly
Contact: Dennis Cramer - 541-773-5804
Monday, Apr 5
Blogs & News
With vaccine eligibility ramping up again today, lots of folks will be headed to the Oregon Convention Center next week to get the shot. We&...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 04/02/21 | 4:51pm
Construction has begun on a project that will bring significant changes to a key bikeway couplet in southeast Portland just in time for summ...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 04/02/21 | 3:48pm
This week Portland City Council voted to fund a list of 45 projects worth $8.6 million as part of the Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF). It&...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 04/02/21 | 12:10pm