Siskiyou Velo Resumes Group Rides Beginning May 21
by Harlan Bittner on Apr, 30 2021
NOTE: The guidelines have been superseded by this post published Feb. 23, 2022. Please refer to that post.
This post last updated May 26 with indoor masking guidelines.
The Siskiyou Velo board decided at its meeting on May 22 to update its policy for group rides in light of revised CDC and Oregon state guidelines. Please note the following requirements for participating in group rides:
- All rides will follow CDC, state, and local health departments’ guidelines with respect to COVID-19 (details below).
- Per the CDC, there’s no need for vaccinated people to wear a mask outside while gathering or riding. Unvaccinated people should wear their masks outside or ensure a six-foot separation.
- Though the CDC guidelines do not require masks inside for vaccinated people, ride leaders will recommend that riders wear their masks inside out of respect to the employees and owners of the business. It is a nice courtesy to the staff, so there are fewer people they have to worry or ask about whether they are vaccinated or not.
- To respect the health and comfort of our ride leaders, rides will be designated as
- Open to those riders who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR
- Open to both vaccinated and unvaccinated riders
- Ride leaders have the option to limit the number of riders, which will be indicated in the ride announcement. To accommodate this, riders must RSVP by email, in advance, to the ride leader. This applies to all rides, whether listed on the website or sent by Google Groups email.
- Ride leaders will specifically state whether their ride is open only to vaccinated individuals or to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. For vaccinated-only rides, riders must be prepared to show evidence of vaccination in the form of an electronic, photo, or paper copy of their full vaccination card. The ride leader may or may not choose to request proof of vaccination, but if any participant (leader or rider) requests it, then all participants must show compliance. Neither the ride leader nor the club will retain any vaccination records.
- The announcement will include the maximum number of riders (if the ride is capped) and an email to RSVP to. Please RSVP early or you may not be able to participate. The ride leader will maintain the emails for 2 weeks in the event that someone becomes ill with COVID and contact tracing becomes necessary.
Leave a Comment
Scheduled RidesView All Scheduled Rides
Saturday, Dec 9
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
25-30 Miles, Mellow (11-14 mph), Some Hills
Contact: Lisa Brill -
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
50+ Miles, Brisk (>18 mph), Hilly
Contact: Dennis Cramer - 541-773-5804
Monday, Dec 11
Thursday, Dec 14
Blogs & News
Once complete, we'll have a shovel-ready design plan for a key segment of the future path.
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 12/08/23 | 12:11pm
I'm glad we were able to keep one more person on a bike in Portland.
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 12/07/23 | 2:26pm
He thinks it might end up lowering VMT and reducing emissions.
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 12/07/23 | 1:38pm
Finding gifts for your friends and loved ones can be stressful, but we’re here to help with our annual Geared Up Holiday Bonanza. ...
Adventure Cyclist Blog | 12/05/23 | 9:04am
The post On Living Authentically With Jess Hana (aka Jess The Maker) appeared first on Femme Cyclist.
Femme Cyclist | 12/04/23 | 10:00pm
A 10-day group ride from Manhattan to Montreal helped one cyclist appreciate the rhythms of cycling, the camaraderie of other cyclists,...
Adventure Cyclist Blog | 12/04/23 | 7:00am
Camp Spokes is a free summer camp program for girls and gender-variant youth to learn about bike mechanics, safe cycling in urban and mounta...
Adventure Cyclist Blog | 11/28/23 | 9:33am
The post 10 Best Women’s Cycling Glasses & Mountain Bike Glasses appeared first on Femme Cyclist.
Femme Cyclist | 11/27/23 | 1:56pm
The post Benefits Of Yoga For Mountain Bikers & Cyclists With Rebecca Bell appeared first on Femme Cyclist.
Femme Cyclist | 11/13/23 | 10:01pm