Siskiyou Velo Resumes Group Rides Beginning May 21
NOTE: The guidelines have been superseded by this post published Feb. 23, 2022. Please refer to that post.
This post last updated May 26 with indoor masking guidelines.
The Siskiyou Velo board decided at its meeting on May 22 to update its policy for group rides in light of revised CDC and Oregon state guidelines. Please note the following requirements for participating in group rides:
- All rides will follow CDC, state, and local health departments’ guidelines with respect to COVID-19 (details below).
- Per the CDC, there’s no need for vaccinated people to wear a mask outside while gathering or riding. Unvaccinated people should wear their masks outside or ensure a six-foot separation.
- Though the CDC guidelines do not require masks inside for vaccinated people, ride leaders will recommend that riders wear their masks inside out of respect to the employees and owners of the business. It is a nice courtesy to the staff, so there are fewer people they have to worry or ask about whether they are vaccinated or not.
- To respect the health and comfort of our ride leaders, rides will be designated as
- Open to those riders who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR
- Open to both vaccinated and unvaccinated riders
- Ride leaders have the option to limit the number of riders, which will be indicated in the ride announcement. To accommodate this, riders must RSVP by email, in advance, to the ride leader. This applies to all rides, whether listed on the website or sent by Google Groups email.
- Ride leaders will specifically state whether their ride is open only to vaccinated individuals or to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. For vaccinated-only rides, riders must be prepared to show evidence of vaccination in the form of an electronic, photo, or paper copy of their full vaccination card. The ride leader may or may not choose to request proof of vaccination, but if any participant (leader or rider) requests it, then all participants must show compliance. Neither the ride leader nor the club will retain any vaccination records.
- The announcement will include the maximum number of riders (if the ride is capped) and an email to RSVP to. Please RSVP early or you may not be able to participate. The ride leader will maintain the emails for 2 weeks in the event that someone becomes ill with COVID and contact tracing becomes necessary.