Event Rides Set for Five Oregon Scenic Bikeways
Take a tour on one or all of the rides planned for the coming months on Oregon’s Scenic Bikeways. You are probably already aware of the Up and Down Ride, July 23, on the Cascade Siskiyou Scenic Bikeway here in Southern Oregon. But you might not know about the others. Each will be a treat in its own right but all of them in the same year…that would be a life experience.
- Grande Tour, May 7-8. Be ready for about 60 miles of riding each day. Begins in La Grande and your luggage will be transported to Baker City and returned to La Grande on Sunday. For more information and registration, visit http://bit.ly/GrandeTour2016
- Old West, June 9-12. Three-day, 199-mile ride includes accommodations and most meals. For more information and registration, visit http://bit.ly/OldWest2016
- Cascade Siskiyou, July 23. Appropriately called the Up and Down Ride, you’ll travel 51 miles and gain about 5100 feet of elevation. Barbeque lunch served after the ride. For more information and registration, http://bit.ly/UpandDown2016
- Blue Mountain Century, Sept. 17-18. Organizers shuttle riders to Ukiah for the first day. Includes gourmet barbeque dinner served Saturday night in Heppner. For more information and registration, visit http://bit.ly/BlueMountainCentury2016
- Cascading Rivers, Sept. 17-18. The family friendly one-day ride is 12 miles. Other one-day ride options range from 38-52 miles. Your luggage is transported for you and all meals are provided on the two-day event. For more information and registration, visit http://bit.ly/CascadingRiver2016