Community Outreach Volunteers Needed!
Siskiyou Velo has initiated a community outreach program that will promote the Club, grow our membership, share information about Club rides and raise awareness of our education programs and cycling advocacy efforts. We need Club member volunteers to make this a success! Will you help?
This year, we have the opportunity to host an information booth at various local outdoor events including:
- Ashland Bike Swap SAT, April 6
- Rogue Valley Earth Day Celebration SAT, April 20
- Siskiyou Challenge Health & Fitness Expo SAT, April 27
- Medford RecFest SAT, May 4
- Ride with the Leaders FRI, May 17
- Medford Park(ing) Day Mid-September (TBD)
Volunteers are needed to help set-up/breakdown as well as staffing the booth and engaging with event attendees. We want you to share the reasons you became a member of Siskiyou Velo and what cycling means to you. Authenticity and enthusiasm are the only requirements for this opportunity!
We are also laying the foundation to provide free bike valet services to event attendees. Additional staffing is needed to receive, park, and retrieve bikes as well as ensure they are secure. We hope to launch the new Bike Valet service at the Rogue Valley Earth Day Celebration at ScienceWorks on April 20. Bike valet will also be made available at the Siskiyou Challenge Health & Fitness Expo (April 27) and Medford RecFest (May 4).
These events are right around the corner, so please check your calendars and become a Siskiyou Velo Volunteer. Just two hours of your time spent chatting with other cycling enthusiasts will make this endeavor a success for both Siskiyou Velo and our community.
What you’ll be doing as a Siskiyou Velo Community Outreach volunteer:
- Increasing visibility of Club while promoting our purpose and goals
- Establishing and strengthening our relationships with community partners
- Sharing the benefits of Club membership including group ride information, social events, education and advocacy efforts
- Sharing route information for bike touring of southern Oregon
- Improving awareness of bicycling issues in the Rogue Valley and encouraging safe and convenient cycling for All Ages & Abilities
- Recruiting volunteers for future events
- Providing free bike valet service (at select events) for event attendees
If you have any questions or would like to talk about event participation or future opportunities to be of service to our Club and community, please call Ann Smith, Community Event & Volunteer Coordinator at 541-719-8804 or email at email@example.com. Click here to sign up for upcoming events.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR:
- Saturday, April 20, 11am-4pm (From setup to breakdown: 10:15am- 4:45pm)
Rogue Valley Earth Day Celebration, ScienceWorks, 1500 E. Main, Ashland
– 3-6 ppl for Information Table (riders encouraged); 2- or 3-hour shifts available
- Saturday, April 27, 10am-2pm (From setup to breakdown: 9:15am-2:45pm)
Siskiyou Challenge Health & Fitness Expo, ScienceWorks, 1500 E. Main, Ashland
– 2-4 ppl for Information Table; 2-3 ppl for Bike Valet (2-hour shifts available)
- Saturday, May 4, 1-3pm (Setup to breakdown: 12:15pm-3:45pm)
Medford Parks & Recreation RecFest, Hawthorne Park, 501 E. Main St., Medford
– 2 ppl for Information Table; 2-3 ppl for Bike Valet
- More opportunities to volunteer for Community Outreach coming soon…
Under consideration for 2019 include: Ashland Fourth of July Parade, Ride the Rim, Ride the Rogue, and Talent Harvest Festival.
Please let us know if you know of other events that you’d like the Club to participate in.