Go By Bike Week Begins
Go By Bike Week began today, Monday, with a breakfast in Ashland. Did you miss it? Luckily, if you did, they’re more events planned throughout the week. Bike Week is a part of the Rogue Valley Transportation District’s (RVTD) celebratation of National Bike Month.
Log your rides at drivelessconnect.com and be automatically entered to win prizes, such as LED bike lights and gift cards to Kaleidoscope Pizza, Dutch Bros coffee and more.
Biking isn’t just for weekends, says Eden Gomez of RVTD, it’s also a healthy and clean way of getting around town. “We’re hoping to get out the word of biking as a transportation option and to celebrate the biking community,” said Gomez.
• Monday, May 16: Bike breakfast on the bike path, 7 to 9 a.m. at Railroad Park, Ashland;
• Tuesday, May 17: Slow Roll Fun Ride, 6 p.m. at Medford Cycle Sport;
• Wednesday, May 18: Bike and lunch Greenway ride, noon to 1:30 p.m. at Hawthorne Park, Medford;
• Wednesday, May 18: Ride of Silence, 6:30 to 8:00 – begins and ends at Hawthorne Park, Medford (sponsored by Siskiyouvelo Velo)
• Thursday, May 19: Bike Safety for Adults + Bike Social, 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Jackson Creek Pizza, downtown Medford; and
• Friday, May 20: Bike Breakfast, 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Medford City Hall.
The Thursday evening Bike Safety/Social is co-hosted by the Club & RVTD. All Club members are invited. Hope to see you there.