Bear Creek Greenway - Rules to Ride By
by Gary Shaff on Dec, 24 2014
A report earlier this week describing a pedestrian injury on a multi-use path in Clackamas County serves as a reminder to:
- be aware of and courteous to other Bear Creek Greenway (BCG) users,
- ride at a speed that reflects the conditions (but not more than 15 mph),
- buy and use a bell (or your voice) to forewarn other users of the BCG of your approach,
- slow down when passing people walking and be especially cautious when they have a dog, and
- always drive defensively.
- If in doubt – refer to item 1, above.
Here’s a more extensive story about conflicts on multi-use paths.
Leave a Comment
Group Rides SuspendedView All Scheduled Rides
Saturday, Sep 26
Brisk (SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS)
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
50+ Miles, Brisk (>18 mph), Hilly
Contact: Dennis Cramer - 541-773-5804
Monday, Sep 28
Blogs & News
While most transportation-related revenue sources have been hit hard by the pandemic, there’s one seeing record highs. In a meeting o...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 09/24/20 | 12:31pm
The City of Portland announced plans Tuesday afternoon to break ground October 3rd on one of their Central City in Motion projects that will...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 09/23/20 | 10:48am
The Salmonberry Trail Foundation says they’ve got the green light to build a new trail that would connect directly to the existing Ban...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 09/22/20 | 2:49pm