Bear Creek Greenway - Rules to Ride By
by Gary Shaff on Dec, 24 2014
A report earlier this week describing a pedestrian injury on a multi-use path in Clackamas County serves as a reminder to:
- be aware of and courteous to other Bear Creek Greenway (BCG) users,
- ride at a speed that reflects the conditions (but not more than 15 mph),
- buy and use a bell (or your voice) to forewarn other users of the BCG of your approach,
- slow down when passing people walking and be especially cautious when they have a dog, and
- always drive defensively.
- If in doubt – refer to item 1, above.
Here’s a more extensive story about conflicts on multi-use paths.
Leave a Comment
Group Rides SuspendedView All Scheduled Rides
Saturday, Jan 23
Brisk (SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS)
Start time Varies: Start Location Varies
50+ Miles, Brisk (>18 mph), Hilly
Contact: Dennis Cramer - 541-773-5804
Monday, Jan 25
Blogs & News
Welcome to the week. Here are the most noteworthy items we came across in the past eight days. Sign of the times: One of many ripple effects...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 01/19/21 | 9:35am
My journey toward understanding racism in Portland and the impact my whiteness has had on myself and others has taken a big turn in the past...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 01/18/21 | 12:04pm
2020 was a horrible year on Portland roads. Depending on how you count*, somewhere between 54 and 58 people died on our streets. 34 of the 5...
Latest headlines from BikePortland | 01/15/21 | 3:40pm