I am Committed to Cycling Excellence
Siskiyou Velo is “PROUD”!
P = Prepared for everything
R = Routinely safe
O = Out to have fun
U = Undauntingly a defensive rider, respectful of all road users
D = Dedicated to positively representing cyclists
I am prepared:
- I wear my helmet when on my bike.
- I keep my bike in good working condition.
- I have my identification and emergency information with me.
- I know the route, or have a paper or electronic route with me if I don’t.
- I have the tools, tubes, tire boots and inflation equipment to keep my bike going during a ride.
- I have the clothing, food and liquids to keep me going during a ride.
My goals on the road:
- I ride to have fun while being safe.
- I gladly SHARE THE ROAD, and I ride in a manner that makes me a Good Will Ambassador for Cycling.
- I am responsible for keeping my bike out of danger to protect myself and other users of the road.
- I ride single file in the presence of motorized vehicles, and stay as far right as is safely possible.
- I give respect to motorists and pedestrians. If in doubt, I stop and wave them through.
- I observe all applicable provisions of Oregon State Vehicle Code (814.400 through 814.489).
- I observe the terms established by the Ride Leader, and work to keep the group together.
- I stop, with the group, for all mechanical problems until released by the Ride Leader.
- I never negatively or abusively confront other users of the road, even if they are guilty of a transgression.
- I share the joy of cycling with others.